My Roasted Fruit Salad with Rosemary Vinaigrette is a fantastic combination of incredible flavors and textures and happens to come together without any real effort - my favorite kind of recipe! Roasting fruit intensifies their flavor and is enhanced even more with my incredibly simple rosemary-infused vinaigrette. This is one my favorite dishes from my cookbook Table for Two! It can be served as an entree for lunch or dinner for two, or shared as a salad course for a larger group (I love double-duty recipes!). A friend recently served the warm fruit with vanilla bean ice cream and said it was a huge hit - who knew?!
Series 5, Episode 3: Roasted Fruit Salad with Rosemary Vinaigrette
Roasted Fruit with Rosemary Vinaigrette
Ingredients (serves 2 as a main course, or 4 as a salad course)
- French Feta – 5 ounces, crumbled
- Spring Mix Greens – 3 ounces
- Pecans – ¾ cup, whole halves
- Olive Oil – ¼ cup
- Honey – ¼ cup
- Rosemary – 1 sprig, fresh, about 4 inches
- Whole Black Peppercorns – ¾ teaspoon
- Balsamic Vinegar – 1 tablespoon
- Green Grapes – 1 cup, seedless
- Red Grapes – 1 cup, seedless
- Black Plums – 2, cut into quarters, pit removed
- Peaches – 2, cut into sixths, pit removed
- Olive Oil – 1 tablespoon
- Sea Salt – ½ teaspoon
- Black Pepper – ¼ teaspoon, freshly cracked
- In a small sauce pan set over medium heat, add the olive oil, honey, rosemary, and black peppercorns.
- Bring to a simmer, then remove from the heat, cover, and allow to sit for 20 minutes.
- Next, place a fine mesh sieve over a medium bowl. Strain the warm mixture, making sure to reserve the peppercorns and rosemary in the sieve.
- Lastly, whisk in the balsamic vinegar until full incorporated. Set aside.
- Start by pre-heating the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Place all of the fruit onto a half sheet pan. Toss with olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Roast for 10-12 minutes, until the fruit just begins to release their juices. During the last 3 minutes, add the pecan halves to the fruit to toast.
- Arrange the greens onto a platter or a serving bowl. Evenly distribute the warm fruit, pecans, and crumbled Feta. Drizzle with vinaigrette.
- Serve warm.