Like many of you, food is constantly on my mind. To be more specific cheese and chocolate! I am always trying to invent dishes that can be made in just a few minutes, all the ingredients can be found at your local grocery store, and will impress guests. My Craquelins Savoureux is a delicious combination of Gruyere, dark chocolate, basil, honey, and a crisp cracker. It fulfills both the sweet and savory side of cravings and also makes for an elevated presentation. Best of all, this recipe involves zero cooking, so it's great for weeknight entertaining! You can even individually wrap the components and bring them to a pot-lock (with a bottle of wine), just don't forget a serving tray. Happy indulging!
Ingredients (serves 10, expand recipe as needed)
- Gruyere Cheese – 6 ounces, cut into 30 thin slices
- Dark Chocolate – 3 ounces, rough chopped
- Basil – 30 small fresh leaves
- Water Crackers – 30, plain
- Honey – In a squeezable container
- Simply layer each cracker with a slice of Gruyere, a basil leaf, a dollop of honey (about the size of a nickel), and topped with a piece of dark chocolate.
- Arrange on a serving platter or flat board.
Tip: You can substitute the plain honey for fresh honey comb for added elegance!