"I love you!"
It can be said in many ways and take many forms and styles. One of the more thoughtful (and much appreciated) ways of doing so is with the assistance of chocolate! With Valentine's Day just around the corner I wanted to create a recipe that would be full of love and at least a little something decedent! How does chocolate, Grand Marnier®, and dried cherries sound? That's exactly what I thought too: fabulous!
Not only are these individual warm chocolate pots completely irresistible, they are also something that can be made in under 30 minutes. Perfect for this Valentine's Day that falls on a Thursday. This can be your "special touch," that would even make take-out or delivery romantic! You only need a few ingredients, and best of all, they are all at your local grocer:
Warm Chocolate Pots with Grand Marnier & Cherries
Ingredients (serves 4)
- Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips – 5 ounces
- Butter – 1 stick, unsalted, plus more for preparing ramekins
- Vanilla – 2 teaspoons, pure extract
- Flour – 6 tablespoons, all-purpose
- Eggs – 2 extra-large eggs, and 1 extra-large egg yolk
- Kosher Salt – ¼ teaspoon
- Powdered Sugar – 1 cup, plus more for dusting
- Grand Marnier® – 4 tablespoons
- Dried Cherries – ½ cup
- Start by pre-heating the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Butter the interior of four 6 to 8 ounce ramekins and place on a baking dish. Set aside.
- In a heat proof bowl , over barely simmering water, melt the chocolate and butter, stirring occasionally until just melted. Remove from heat.
- Next, add the Grand Mariner®, powdered sugar, salt, and vanilla. Whisk until blended.
- Slowly whisk in the eggs.
- Toss the cherries with the flour, then stir them into the chocolate mixture using a spatula.
- Lastly, evenly divide the batter into the prepared ramekins. Bake for exactly 15 minutes. Remove from the oven, dust with powdered sugar. Allow to stand for 2 minutes before serving.
Tip: To give this dessert a little love-day punch, place a small paper doily with a heart cut from the center over eachramekin and dust with powdered sugar. Carefully remove the doily and excess powdered sugar before serving.
Trick: You can actually make these ahead of time! Bake and dust with powdered sugar. Allow to cool completely, then wrap tightly with foil and place in the refrigerator. When it's time to serve, remove from the refrigerator 15 minutes prior. Discard the foil and warm in a microwave for 45 seconds. Serve immediately.
Entertaining with love has never been so chic and delicious!