You can never have too many cookie recipes, right?! I’ve never known anyone to turn down a freshly baked and hot from the oven cookie. My White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies are sweet, crunchy and even a bit luxurious. They are jammed packed with whole macadamia nuts, lots of white chocolate chunks, golden raisins and cherries! Once you try a bite, you’ll be saying “hello lover” to this scrumptiously sinful and downright decadent recipe! Grab your apron, put milk (or champagne!) on ice and let’s get started!
White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies
Ingredients (makes 22 cookies)
- White Chocolate – 12 ounces, roughly chopped
- Sugar – 1 cup, granulated (white)
- Light Brown Sugar – 1 cup, packed
- Flour – 2 cups, all-purpose
- Cocoa Powder – ⅔ cups plus 1 tablespoon, unsweetened
- Vanilla – 3 teaspoons, pure extract
- Eggs – 2, extra-large, at room temperature
- Butter – 2 sticks, unsalted, at room temperature
- Sea Salt – 1¼ teaspoons
- Baking Soda – 1 teaspoon
- Dried Cherries – ¾ cup
- Golden Raisins – ¾ cup
- Macadamia Nuts – 1 cup, unsalted, whole
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream together the butter and both sugars until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes.
- Next, add the vanilla, then eggs one at a time, allowing each to fully incorporate.
- Sift the dry ingredients together.
- With the mixer on low speed, add the dry ingredients until just incorporated.
- With a large wooden spoon, gently fold in the chocolate, raisins, cherries and nuts until evenly distributed.
- Using a 1¾ inch metal scoop, scoop dough onto a parchment lined baking sheet. Note: (only 6 cookies with fit per tray)
- With wet finger tips, slightly flatten the dough.
- Bake for 17 - 19 minutes, rotating once half way through.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly. Transfer the cookies to a wire rack to finish cooling. Repeat steps until all dough has been baked.