Whenever fresh figs are in season and available at farmers markets, I always get so excited for the endless possibilities for cheese plates, salads, and desserts! My Fig & Stilton Salad combines a unique flavor combination of Black Mission Figs, Stilton, and dark chocolate all dressed with an orange vinaigrette. This is the perfect salad with a glass of champagne or Sauvignon Blanc while dining al fresco during the last few weeks of summer. Just add a fresh baguette and some honey butter and voila, you have a chic and delicious salad for your guests.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- Orange Zest – 1 tablespoon
- Orange Juice – 1/3 cup, freshly squeezed
- Honey – 1 tablespoon
- Sea Salt – 3/4 teaspoon
- Black Pepper – 3/4 teaspoon, freshly cracked
- Olive Oil – 3/4 cup
- Arugula – 5 ounces, washed & drained well
- Black Mission Figs – 8, quartered
- Pecans – 1 cup, halved
- Stilton – 3/4 cup, crumbled
- Dark Chocolate – 4 tables, freshly grated
- Fleur de Sel – for garnish
For the Orange Vinaigrette:
- Combine the juice, zest, honey, sea salt, and black pepper into a glass bowl. Mix until well incorporated.
- Slowly whisk in the olive oil.
- Set aside.
For the salad:
- Toss the arugula with the vinaigrette and arrange on a large serving platter or bowl.
- Evenly distribute the figs, pecans, Stilton and dark chocolate over the dressed arugula.
- Garnish with Fleur de Sel.
- Serve immediately.