On of my favorite movies is Under the Tuscan Sun! I love watching it and imagining myself cooking, eating, and drinking luscious food and wine on a blanket under a big tree. In this blissful Italian daydream I would need a cocktail. And what better way to capture the essence of the countryside than with oranges, lemons, rosemary, and Amaretto, my creation The Tuscan! This total crowd pleaser can be mixed in advance, stored in the refrigerator, and poured over ice to get the party started. Cheers!
Ingredients (serves 6)
- Amaretto – ¾ cup
- Vodka – ¾ cup
- Grand Marnier® – Splash to taste
- Rosemary – 3 sprigs
- Lemonade – 2¼ cups
- Orange – 3 large slices
- First, fill 6 double old fashioned glasses with ice. Zest 6 large peels of orange.
- In a large cocktail shaker, muddle the leaves of 3 sprigs of rosemary and all the orange slices to a rough pulp. Add ice to the cocktail shaker.
- Pour in the Amaretto, vodka, Grand Marnier®, and lemonade. Top the shaker and shake vigorously for 30 seconds. Remove the top and pour through a fine strainer evenly into each glass.
- Garnish each glass with ½ of a fresh rosemary sprig and one large orange peel. Serve immediately.