If I could eat chocolate every day, these little cupcakes brimming with chocolaty goodness would be my top pick! They are rich, fudgy, and addictive (get a glass of cold milk ready!). They are also incredibly simple to make using everyday ingredients you probably already have in your pantry. So, stop reading this and get bakin!
Rich Chocolate Ganache Cupcakes
Ingredients (makes 12 cupcakes)
- Butter – ¼ pound, unsalted, room temperature
- Sugar – 1 cup
- Salt – ¼ teaspoon
- Flour – 1 cup all-purpose flour
- Eggs – 4 extra-large, room temperature
- Vanilla – 1 tablespoon, pure extract
- Cocoa Powder – ¼ cup, unsweetened powder
- Chocolate Syrup – 16 ounces
- Heavy Cream – ½ cup
- Chocolate Chips – 8 ounces, semisweet
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F and line a muffin pan (large cups) with paper liners.
- Next, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy using an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment. Add the eggs carefully—1 at a time—and combine thoroughly. Then, pour in the vanilla and the chocolate syrup and mix well.
- For the best results sift together your flour and unsweetened cocoa powder. Then, gently add the dry mixture to your mixing bowl and mix until just combined (do not over-mix or your cupcakes will be unpleasantly dense).
- Next, scoop the batter equally into the muffin cups and bake for 30 minutes, or until just set in the middle. Let them cool thoroughly in the muffin tin.
Ganache & Assembly
- Heat the heavy cream and chocolate chips in a double boiler over simmering water until smooth and warm. Stir occasionally. In this step you are melting and heating the mixture, not cooking it as it will burn.
- Finally, once the cupcakes have cooled, dip the tops of the cupcakes into the ganache and enjoy! The ganache will remain soft and creamy and will not set hard.
Do not refrigerate.