If you have never eaten or roasted garlic before you are in for a real treat! When garlic is slowly roasted it takes on a slightly sweet flavor making it perfect to cook and bake with. I love to use roasted garlic in pasta dishes, breads, and in my Roasted Garlic & Mascarpone Spread! You can even enjoy roasted garlic on it’s own right out of the oven (after it cools a bit of course!), served to guests individually on small plates with canapé or appetizer forks during a dinner party or cocktail soirée! Enjoy!
Ingredients (makes 12 heads of Roasted Garlic)
- Garlic – 12 heads, medium size
- Olive Oil – 1/3 cup
- Preheat oven to 410 degrees.
- Start by cutting ½ inch off the top of each head of garlic.
- Place each head of garlic in the well of a muffin pan. Drizzle evenly with olive oil, making sure to rub the olive oil into the tops of the garlic cloves.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 40 minutes.
- Remove the garlic from the oven and allow to cool for 20 minutes.
- Using a small fork remove each garlic clove from the skin.