Surprise your taste buds with a twist on traditional pesto with my Fresh Parsley Pesto! Shinning bright with parsley flavor, rich olive oil, and salty Parmigiano-Reggiano this easy and unique addition to soups, pastas, and sandwiches will add new life to old favorites! Best of all, it’s all made in a food processor in under 2 minutes. Eat well, laugh often, and share the love! Happy eating!
Watch my webisode of From My Kitchen to Yours - A Chic Autumn Lunch for a complete tutorial.
Fresh Parsley Pesto
Ingredients (makes 2 cups)
- Parsley – 2½ cups, roughly chopped, flat leaf variety
- Parmigiano-Reggiano – ½ cup, freshly grated
- Pine Nuts – ¼ cup
- Garlic – 2 cloves, roughly chopped
- Olive Oil – ¾ cup
- Sea Salt – ½ teaspoon
- Black Pepper – 1 teaspoon, freshly cracked
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a steal blade add the parsley, pine nuts, parmesan, garlic, salt, and pepper. Process for 30 seconds.
- With the processor still running, slowly pour the olive oil down the feed tube. Process until the mixture is thoroughly pureed.
- Serve immediately.
Tip: Serve this alongside my Thyme & White Bean Soup.
Trick: You can also store the pesto in the refrigerator or freezer in an air tight container with a thin layer of olive oil on top.