Don’t you just love Halloween: Candy, costumes, and cocktails, OH MY! In keeping with the spirit of All Hallows Eve my Spooky Orange Creamsicle Martini is festive with traditional orange and black colors and tastes like an old favorite childhood soda.
While I LOVE fun cocktails, I usually find that they are made with an overwhelming amount of specialty liquors and ingredients that I never seem to have on-hand in my bar. This yummy cocktail has just 3 ingredients, all of which are easy to find. In fact, you may even have them already. So get mixin you little vixen! Have a safe and spooktacular Halloween, BOO!
Spooky Orange Creamsicle Martini
Ingredients (makes 6 martini’s)
- Whipped Cream Flavored Vodka – 1½ cups, chilled
- Orange Soda – 3 cups, chilled
- Heavy Cream – 6 tablespoons, cold, divided
- Black Sanding Sugar – ¼ cup
- Lay a large piece of parchment paper down on the counter.
- Pour the sanding sugar onto a small plate. On another small plate pour just enough water to coat the bottom of the plate. Place the rim of a martini glass into the water then directly into the sanding sugar, gently rolling it to cover the rim.
- Place the coated rim onto the parchment paper and allow dry for 20 minutes.
- Do this with all the martini glasses.
- Pour the vodka and orange soda into a pitcher. Gently stir to combine.
- Fill each martini glass with enough liquid to come ¾ –inch below the sugared rim.
- Top each martini with 1 tablespoon of heavy whipping cream and gently stir to incorporate.
- Serve immediately.
Tip: Serve this martini all year long by changing out the black sugar for white or orange sugar!