It’s cocktail time! Every now and again I love to create what I would call a “kitschy” drink, and my Pumpkin Pie on the Rocks fits the bill perfectly. Things like Pumpkin Cream Liqueur, whipped cream vodka, and buttershots are certainly not everyday ingredients but they really do make this cocktail one of my new favorites. I especially love the toasted mini marshmallows on a “stick”, I mean that is just too cute!
I plan on serving this as my signature drink on Thanksgiving Day. Regardless of how many people join in the festivities I can expand the recipe as needed and fill a large glass pitcher and leave it in the fridge. Then when a guest wants a “cockatoonie” (that’s what my godmother calls a cocktail!) all they have to do is fill a glass with ice and pour. The toasted marshmallow skewers can be pre-done the morning of and set to the side with cocktail napkins and with a small salt shaker filled with cinnamon for garnishing. It’s easy as “pie”!
Pumpkin Pie on the Rocks
Ingredients (makes 1 cocktail)
- Pumpkin Pie Cream Liqueur – ⅓ cup, Fulton’s Harvest brand recommended
- Whipped Cream Vodka – 2 tablespoons, Pinnacle brand recommended
- Buttershots Butterscotch Schnapps – 1 tablespoon, Dekuyper brand recommended
- Mini Marshmallows – for garnish
- Cinnamon – for garnish
- Wooden Skewer
- Start by filling a double old fashioned glass with ice.
- Place the marshmallows onto the top end of the wood skewer.
- Using a kitchen torch or candle flame, gradually toast the marshmallows until desired color is achieved.
- Pour in all three liqueurs and gently mix with a spoon.
- Garnish with a light sprinkle of cinnamon and toasted marshmallow skewer.