When I think of making cocktails at home I get instantly overwhelmed with the amount of ingredients many specialty cocktails have. I want to make drinks at home in under 3 minutes, and with less than 5 ingredients – like my Pomegranate Cosmopolitans!
These fabulous libations are both a tiny bit tart and slightly sweet, a perfect combination for pre-dinner cocktails, or just a lazy Sunday afternoon at home. The addition of Prosecco to top off each cocktail adds a bit of a bubbly-tingle, and makes them seem even more celebratory!
Ingredients (makes two 10-ounce cocktails)
- Pomegranate Juice – ½ cup
- Triple Sec – ¼ cup
- Vodka – ¾ cup
- Lime – 1, juiced
- Prosecco – 4 tablespoons, chilled, divided
- Start by combining the pomegranate juice, triple sec, vodka, and lime juice in a cocktail shaker.
- Fill with ice and shake for 30 to 45 seconds until nicely chilled.
- Pour into 2 martini glasses and top off each cocktail with 2 tablespoons of Prosecco.
Tip: You can make a big pitcher of these cosmos in advance and then keep it in the refrigerator. Shake each cocktail over ice as needed – and remember to top of each cocktail with Prosecco!