A classic recipe straight from my cookbook Entertaining with Love, it is garlic bread-meets-Gorgonzola in my version of a bruschetta! Topped with fresh tomatoes and lots of pepper, Big Bruschetta with Gorgonzola is great to serve as part of a lunch, as an appetizer, or along with dinner!
Big Bruschetta with Gorgonzola
Ingredients (serves 6 - 8 people)
- Baguette – 1 large loaf, sliced ½-inch thick (28 pieces)
- Butter – 6 tablespoons, unsalted, room temperature
- Garlic – 4 cloves, minced
- Kosher Salt – ¾ teaspoon
- Black Pepper – ¾ teaspoon, freshly cracked
- Olive Oil – 4 tablespoons, divided
- Heirloom Grape Tomatoes – 12 ounces, quartered
- Gorgonzola (Italian) – 5 ounces, crumbled
- Oregano – 2 teaspoons, dried
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine butter, garlic, 2 tablespoons of olive oil, salt, and pepper in a small bowl and mix together.
- Slice the baguette into approximately 28 ½-inch thick pieces and spread the butter mixture evenly onto each piece.
- Line a sheet pan with parchment paper and arrange the buttered slices of baguette and bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove the sheet pan from the oven and top each slice with an even amount of tomatoes. Then, drizzle with the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil and top with crumbled Gorgonzola cheese.
- Return the sheet pan back to the oven and bake for an additional 7 to 9 minutes, or until the Gorgonzola is slightly melted.
- Remove the sheet pan carefully from the oven and sprinkle with dried oregano.
- Garnish with more salt and pepper to taste and serve hot.
Big Bruschetta & The Tuscan - From My Kitchen to Yours