As the temperature rises in Chicago (and I hope where you are, too!), my desire to sip summer cocktails is in full swing! To me, a summer cocktail, in this case my Rosé Sangria with Peaches & Rosemary, is refreshingly light with a sweet and savory love affair. It is a drink filled with fresh sweet peaches and spicy rosemary that come together and marry-nate in a perfectly blush-colored wine. You can serve either by the glass for yourself as you take a bubble bath to cool off and relax, or make ahead of time for a humid summer’s evening cookout where only a crisp chilled cocktail will do.
Best of all – you get drunken’ peaches to eat, with a little extra zing, or serve them over cold ice cream for dessert. Even the rosemary can be used in a white wine cream sauce over simple egg fettucine noodles for a light supper.
As the summer really heats up, have this recipe on standby so you are always ready with a fabulous summer sipper!
Rosé Sangria with Peaches & Rosemary
Ingredients (serves 4-6)
- Rosé – (1) 750ml bottle
- Triple Sec – ½ cup
- Italian Sparkling Wine – (1) 750 ml bottle, chilled
- Honey – 1 tablespoon
- Ultrafine Sugar – 1 tablespoon
- Peaches – 4, pitted, cut into 8 wedges
- Rosemary – (6) 4-inch sprigs, fresh
- Pour the Rosé and Triple Sec into a large glass pitcher.
- Add the honey and sugar. Stir until completely dissolved.
- Next add the peaches and rosemary. Chill for 3 hours.
- Before serving, add the entire bottle of chilled sparkling wine to the pitcher. Serve immediately.
Tip: For a “milder” libation, simply switch out the sparkling wine for an unflavored sparkling water.
Idea: Have fun with different fruit and fresh herb combination: Orange & rosemary, strawberry & basil, lemon & thyme.
A little something extra: Sangria is typically a chilled drink served in Spain and Portugal during the summer months – consisting of wine, fruit, a brandy or liqueur, and sweetener. The honey used in this recipe adds a subtle sweetness without making it “sugary”. Red, white, and rosé wines can be used in recipes – each variety offering unique flavors and richness.