There is nothing I love better than spoiling our little pup Lady von Puppenheimer with kisses, toys, and her favorite homemade dog treat – The Peanut Butter Puppenheimer! After spending years owning a luxury pet boutique and portrait studio, where I would cater to my four-legged clients (and their owners!), I never did find a softer dog treat that could easily be broken in little pieces for small dogs.
So, I was determined to create the solution myself in my own kitchen and started developing and testing dog treats. I make these treats with 100% organic human-grade ingredients to ensure there are as healthy and delicious as can be. In fact, as they bake, they smell so good you’d swear they were a treat for yourself! These make a wonderful host/ess gift for fellow dog lovers – just stack a few in a glycine bag and tie with a colorful ribbon. Just remember to let the recipient know they are for little Fido!
The Peanut Butter Puppenheimer
Ingredients (makes 28-30 treats)
- Banana – ½, mashed
- Peanut Butter – ½ cup, smooth
- Vegetable Stock – ½ cup, room temperature
- Honey – 1 tablespoon
- Whole Wheat Flour – 1 cup
- Baking Powder – 1½ teaspoons
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the banana, peanut butter, honey, and vegetable stock.
- Add the flour and baking powder. Mix until just combined.
- Place spoonful's of batter, about 1 tablespoon each, onto the prepared baking sheet, spaced 2 inches apart.
- Flatten in crisscross pattern with a fork. Each cookie should be about ½-inch thick.
- Bake for 16 minutes. Remove from the oven and transfer onto a cooling rack. Allow to cool completely.