I have discovered that the simpler the food the more everyone loves it, this has held true whether cooking for just Ryan, or for a crowd. Now, do not confuse the word simple with the word boring—there is a huge difference between classic flavors and no flavor at all! This is exactly what I love about my Simple Roasted Potatoes—I have taken a classic dish and enhanced the flavors as simply as possible. The resulting recipe is as basic as it gets, yet incredibly delicious.
Roasting the potatoes in a little bit of olive oil, salt, and pepper, really brings out their natural flavor and makes them crispy on the outside and like little fluffy pillows inside. I love using gorgeous heirloom varieties that come in the most stunning colors, adding even more personality to such a simple but satisfying recipe!
Simple Roasted Potatoes
Ingredients (serves 4-6)
- Small Multicolored Potatoes – 1 ¾ pounds, cut in half or quarters (depending on the size)
- Olive Oil – 3 tablespoons
- Sea Salt – ½ teaspoon
- Black Pepper – ½ teaspoon, freshly cracked
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place the cut potatoes onto a half sheet pan. Toss with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Arrange them in a single layer.
- Roast for 45-55 minutes, until the edges are crisp and browned, tossing once during the cooking process.
- Serve immediately.
Idea: This is the most basic recipe for roasting the smaller varieties of potatoes. While these are completely delicious and flavorful as is, experiment with different garnishes; fresh parsley, smoked paprika, freshly grated Parmesan cheese, or truffle salt. These are perfect for serving along side breakfast, brunch, lunch, or dinner.